Friday, July 26, 2013

Vacation in Hangzhou

Obviously, my life over the past few weeks has been far too stressful, so I took a three day vacation in Hangzhou city. Hangzhou is famous for being near the West Lake and a small water-town named Xi Tang. I actually have a lot of work to catch up on... so I'm just going to leave you with a handful of the pictures I took. Everything was gorgeous, and since I went in the middle of the week during the hottest days this region has seen in over 100 years, none of the places were very crowded. 






At Xi Tang, there was a button museum... and yes, it was awesome. 




An small tea farm I stumbled upon as I was hiking up a mountain.


This was an old offering left in a graveyard. 






There are few things better in life than climbing to the top of a mountain, and sitting and watching the sunset while eating a bag of Combos. 


This is the Tiger Spring, which according to legend has the third best water in all of China.






Here's the source!



This is the Leifang Pagoda, which is very famous and was rebuilt recently.


I can't tell if I love the fact that they added an escalator, or if I hate it.



The West Lake!


This is the Su Di pathway, which was made during the Song (I think) Dynasty by piling up all of the silt that they dredged out of the bottom of the lake. 




Lots of couples were having their wedding photos taken here. 


This is a bridge from the Song Dynasty!








No comments:

Post a Comment